Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Potter night~




Kinda sad to know that there won't be anymore Harry Potter films to catch. I remember I didn't start reading the book until the 1st show came out. Everyone was talking about how awesome the book was and how much scenes they left out from the boook........ I just had to read the book to see what I was missing... hehe.. Really glad I did because the book was superb! I mean, it even moved me to tears when Sirius Black died... Soppy person, I know...

Anyways, I finally got to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 last night! It was so-so. Nothing extraordinary. It didn't keep me wanting for more. I still think that the 1st and the 4th movies were the best! For this installment, it was all about finding the last 2 horcruxes and then defeating Voldermort. I think they made it too simple and direct. 'Find the horcrux, run here and there. oh there it is! Destroy it!! Tadaaa.... Voldermort is weak, time to kill him!' --END OF STORY-- Nothing much. Well, I'm sure there was more stuff for the producers to elaborate on. I don't quite remember because it's been a few years since the book came out. They should have split it into a three part movie! Hahaha...

That's my own opinion anyways. Others said it was really awesome, some said it was not good, I said it's OK. Kind of expected as the previous ones were so-so as well (except my favourites, first and the fourth show^^). Oh, they showed the characters after 19 years and they all looked older except for Hermione. She looked the same. Ginny looked like an ahjumma (sorry, no offence), Harry looked older (because of the facial hair), and Ron looked well a bit older and a little more scruffier than usual.

The highlight of this show? hmmmm.... I'll have to say when Neville pulled out the Gryffindor sword from the sorting hat and Harry jumps back 'to life' and killed Nagini. Oooo... My favourite part of the show would be when Professor McGonagall summoned the Hogwarts Guards and the other professors casted tons of protection charms over the school. That was nice~~ Another favourite would be when the Death Eaters were trying to weaken the protection charms.... ONE more good scene would be when Neville was standing on the bridge and he started taunting the Death Eaters on the other side of the Charm. Hahaha. When the charm was finally broken, he ran for his life! LOL.

Did I mention that Tonks was only in the show when she was dead? She was laying beside Professor Lupin. lol.

Well, go and watch the show for yourself! Oh oh, JK Rowling has added a video at Pottermore.com.

What is Pottermore?

Pottermore is a free website that builds an exciting online experience around the reading of the Harry Potter books.

Can't wait! It'll only be opened in October.


No comments: