Thursday, July 9, 2009

Langkawi trip~

Didn't take much pics from my recent holiday... If u followed me on twitter u would have know what I did... hehe... Anyways, this time we managed to go to Pulau Payar 'Marine Reserve'... Notice the inverted commas? Well, if u have been thr b4 you would understand...

Lack of management = dead corals
Lack of management = rubbish, rubbish and more rubbish!
Lack of management = Even more RUBBISH and more DEAD corals!!
Website claims that there are plenty of soft corals... Maybe in the deeper waters but not the ones near the beach...

Don't expect any live colourful ones... I found like 2 or 3 patches of small sea anemones thriving but mostly were either dead or rock corals... Plenty of fishes that will swim up to you... Note to self, do not stick finger into the water... The fishies WILL BITE you... No kidding... Water is turquiose and clear... During low tide, don't swim too far out cuz it's too shallow... I scraped my knee when I was 'gostan-ing' back... I tried to signal my sis to stop swimming towards the dead corals cuz it was too shallow but she kicked me with her flipper... swts... I was actually behind her but she thought I was far away... Had 3 fresh slightly bleeding wounds on my knee... Had to get out of the water FAST cuz got sharks... DON'T LAUGH! I was so scared, okay... Eventhough they were on the other beach (which was like less than 2 minutes walk away on foot), I was freaked out cuz they have super sensitive smell... can detect blood like miles away! or was it kms away... hah! but I was nt even 1km away from the sharks... so yea, I was so scared...

I'm missing the seafood and coconuts already! I miss the sea!! I miss living in the chalet and waking up in the morning listening to the wave crashing against the shores... I miss Langkawi! This time it was a very laid back holiday... Went to the marine park and the cable car only... Other days were spent lazing around the resort and driving downtown for yummy seafood and cheap chocolates...

I came back not only with chocolates but this time I came back with injuries! Lol... Scraped by corals, got whacked not only by my sister's flippers but also another guy's... Yes! I was snorkeling around and didn't notice that I was swimming into 2 ppl! Lol... The guy didn't notice but his sister did... Bang! and I have a bruise on my right hand... Not only that! Apparently I have a more 'matured' skin now according to the pharmacist... I came back with breakouts!! Not minor ones like 5 or 6 on the cheek but more than 10!! On my forehead, cheeks, and chin area!! OMG! Horrible!! First time having a major breakout! Visited the beautician today for a super painful extraction of those pesky pimples! OH! I cut my hair too!! hehe... I likey! Just tidied it up... snip snip here and there... nothing major...

Ok... Time for pics!
Excuse the poor quality... I was only equipped with my handphone's camera...

View from my room!

View of the super expensive water chalet from my room... Price per night: RM2k... If we were to stay there, have to top up abt RM1k?? Super expensive!

Sky-set (no sun! it's hidden behind the mountains) view from the Thai restaurant

View of the smaller water chalets from our table
(Note the two small yellow figures: Our entertainers of the night!)

Another view of the Sky-set! reminds me of Paddle Pop Rainbow!!

My Baked Pineapple Fried Rice with Chicken @ the Thai restaurant
It was YUMMY but portion was small =(

Can't really see right? Fishes in diff patterns cuz they were being chased by a couple of squids! Lol... Very entertaining to watch. This was seen from the Thai restaurant.

Night time at the 'Tilewalk'... It's not a boardwalk cuz it is made of tiles and not WOOD! The expensive chalets had the authentic boardwalk...

View of the Thai restaurant from the 'boardwalk'...

View of more chalets!

Clear waters! Don't be fooled by the pic! I thought they were corals at first but when we were in the water, it was rocks, dead corals, and very very VERY few rock corals.

Nope! Those yellow stuff are not fishies! They are all leafs.
View of the beach... Sand was nice... our little hut was the one below the blue sign.

That white thing there is the reef-viewing platform. I saw plenty of rubbish under the platform... Sad case...

The floating thingy!! It was so hard to get on... hahaha...

Spot the Black Tip reef shark? This was the baby shark... I didn't take the huge ones cuz my camera was in the bag... There were like 2 or 3 sharks as large as 2m!! The rest were more or less 1m in length... These small ones, not too sure... Mayb around 1m...The small ones swam so close to the shore that I walked beside them... haha...
My dad was not aware that he was swimming right next to the 2m ones! Lol... He was so excited! hahaha...

Sis looking outfrom the pier...

FISHIES!! I saw a huge grouper under the rocks! Hmmm... Sekpan! hahah... There were plenty of parrotfishes n other stripey common reef fishes...

CHITONS! First time seeing them! There were PLENTY TOO! Only saw it here though... The rocks at the resort tak ada... weird... I thought they are very common on rocky shores...

Look who came back to visit us! The monkey! My mom was so smart to feed it rambutans and so it called 2 of its brother/sisters to join the feast... SCARY but cute!

View from 700+m above sea level... I spot the two man made islands!!
Lush greens...

Selca!

My favourite Nasi Dayang from the hotel!! It's RM20 (excluding 10% disc for Berjaya members)

Lobster!! It's yummy!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all the pics I took... More pics are in the Nikon camera... Not taken by me though... hehe...
Wouldn't mind doing it all over again! Langkawi was fun~~

TTFN!!

No comments: