Monday, July 7, 2008

Hong Kong trip day 1~

I hope I don't stop halfway like I did for my Langkawi trip... hehe...
Ok... After a tiring 3 hours flight from KL, my legs were tired and needed some stretching... The plane ride was quite bad cuz this time there was a lot of turbulence... The person sitting behind me was kicking my chair and I could feel their knees poking into my back... lol... can't complain cuz it's Air Asia!
Anyways, after all that, the landing was bumpy and the bus that drove us from the plane to the terminal was really bad... The driver kept breaking and as there were no seats on the bus everyone were grabbing places to hold onto...
THEN... We were greeted by this cuuuutttteeee Labrador... Cute police dog! OH... I forgot to mention that the view from the plane was amazing minus the rubbish in the sea... ^^




Pretty eh? Too bad I didn't take any pics from MY side... It was sooo nice! I even saw the infamous graveyard... haha... These 3 pics were taken by my sis...

One more pic... my sister tried to be artistic by tilting her camera... and this is what she got...


Landed in Cheap Lap Kok Airport and it was not as impressive as ppl claim it to be... It was OK for me... It was big and I like the roof...On the way from the airport to our hotel, we passed many sign boards and the best one is the Mickey sign... hehe... Cute eh? Didn't get a picture but I got this from another website...

There were a few here and there... The bridges connecting the islands together were nice! We went to the New Territories first... First stop was Panda Hotel... THANK GOODNESS we didn't stay there... Almost wanted to stay there... *phew*
2 Korean girls were staying at that hotel and I guess they were a little shocked cuz the surroundings were not very nice... The area, I mean... Then we moved onto another hotel... This time it was impressive! Very grand... A group of China tourists were staying at this place called the Princess Tower? Something tower... Can't remember the name...

I was a little worried cuz I've never been to HK before and was scared the hotel we were staying in would be like the Panda Hotel... The bus driver drove us to Kowloon... He was rounding and rounding until he came to a stop... I looked around and then I saw YMCA... This must be that expensive hotel my mom's fren stayed in... Anotehr 2 Korean girls stepped out... Then our bus driver travelled down the same road... I was getting even more worried cuz of the buildings around the place... Looks old and well, dirty... Then the bus stopped again... 'Metropark Hotel Kowloon'... we looked out and was like ,'This place is not bad~~'

^________________^ Picked a good hotel... Checked in and it's smaller than the hotels back here... Went into the toilet and was soo relieved... IT'S CLEAN!!

After a while, we went out to explore the place... Lots and LOTS of pet shops around that area... We were staying on Waterloo Road... We got lost... After walking this long long walkway that seemed to nvr end, we reached the Mongkok East Station... and according to the worker there, he said we were at the wrong station and told us to use the other MTR at the bottom... *sigh*...
More walking... BUT... Actually, on the 4th day, we found out that u can use the Mongkok East Station... There are 2 trains there... One is the train (to Shenzhen) and another one is the MTR... eeerrrggggghhhhh.... Evil worker...

Eventually we found our way and was at Causeway Bay... Packed with people... We were sweating and hungry... Entered a shop and had HK Wanton Noodles... It was different... They have it with soup... *jakun* The noodles were nice! The noodles!! Not the dish... lol... Very springy... After makan-ing we walked out of the air-conditioned place and into the hot hot sun... Was searching for some shops and we ended up in this shop that had a few stories... It was like walking into Sungai Wang!! WHOA! Lazy to read? Skip our boring first day and head straight to the evening...

Went up to Victoria Peak... It was REALLY windy but nice... after that hot hot and tiring walk...
PICS!!

We saw Jackie Chan! Madam Tussuad's was at the peak as well...


Old tickets~~

The tram...
The view from up there is really beautiful!!



See the 2 towers? Beside the black building in front of the Bank of China Tower?? That's where we were... hehe... We took a bus from there all the way to the tram station...

Now the night view^^

This is the best one I got from my handphone cam... The other nicer ones are in my dad's camera!! he's not home yet.... =(

After standing for a few hours up at the peak, we went back down... and guess who I saw??
.....
.....
.....
.....


Bae Yong Jun!! REALLY !! Here's a pic to prove it!




Hahahahha...

When we reached to bottom, we had to walk walk walk walk to the MTR... On the way we saw the infamous building...

OH LOOK! It's the UFO from the other night, Nettok & Aunty JO!! No wonder I didn't get caught! Lol... Looks cool... hehe... amateur photographer...

We passed through a garden where people were practising Taichi in the DARK... There were hardly any lights... MORE WALKING...

And we went to the Avenue of Stars... took many pics...



Mr Eric Tsang...

Tony Leung Ka Fai

Jacky Cheung~~

I took this pic terbalik... That's why the angle is all weird... This is Aaron Kwok...



The last one is Lai Meng...

There are more pics from the 2nd day... Post up next time... There are more more more ppl but sadly I didn't know them so I didin't take any pics... Here's the night view of Hong Kong Island from Tsim Sha Tsui...

Taken by my sis... My camera was too cacat-ed to take a good pic... ^^

After that we went for our late late dinner... Yummy noodles in soup with milk and fried pork chops!! *yummy*
Someting different...

That's all for the first day~

TTFN~~~

No comments: